What is the procedure? If I’m approved, how long before I get my dog?
- Complete and return an application or call 1-800-610-2026.
- You will receive a call from a BRGA volunteer for a home visit. They come with one or more dogs and ask and answer questions.
- The results of your home visit are reported to the BRGA Board. You will be called to attend the next adoption presentation and to meet your new family member.
- Your dog will have received the following procedures from the veterinarian:
- The adoption process can take up to four weeks, so please be patient.
- Your mentor (“buddy”) will call to check on you from time to time and will be available to you if you have any questions or concerns. Our goal is for this adoption to be successful.
When you adopt a greyhound from Blue Ridge Greyhound Adoption you will receive the following:
- A care binder with complete information on feeding, grooming, and adjustment plus a pre-adoption, verbal overview of all the important issues related to your new pet.
- Pre-adoption veterinary care and information on any known racing injuries.
- An ID collar with a BRGA ID tag with the 800 number
- A one-year membership and a BRGA shirt
- A training muzzle for introduction to any small pets you may have.
- Follow-up contact by a “buddy” assigned to you and the ability to call if any questions arise